Allie


Friday, March 4

Miho Gastrotruck

  IMG_0985
I've always been a big fan of roaming food, aka food trucks. I was first introduced to them while interning at San Francisco magazine last summer but I kind of forgot about them until I read a blog post by my wonderful boss, Erin, about food trucks in San Diego, so my friend, Lori, and I decided to try one out. Miho Gastrotruck wanders around San Diego, serving up some seriously delicious all-American cuisine. The food rotates every two weeks, but when I spoke with the guy behind the counter, he said that typically, they have a burger, an additional meat/poultry dish, a salad and a vegetarian option. And they always have Belgium-style fries (which were FANTASTIC) that are served with a side of their HOMEMADE KETCHUP (!!!) which is a tad on the spicy side, but absolutely to die for. I ordered the portobello burger, a little skeptical because often the portobello isn't cooked thoroughly or lacks flavor, but this one was very tender, bursting with flavor and topped with salsa verde, pesto aioli, caramelized onion, arugula and on a tasty brioche bun (YUM DOOD).

No matter what the menu, the owners of Miho promise the best quality, locally sourced food in all of their menu options. Needless to say, I'll be back to Miho Gastrotruck and I'll be on the lookout for other food trucks in San Diego.  

 IMG_0982
Clearly my new besties...
                                                                                           
 IMG_0988

No comments: