Allie


Thursday, May 19

happy hour = happy day

As the school year and my school career come to a close, I've found the best way to combat the inevitable tears and stress is to indulge in some happy hours. After extensive research, my friends and I came across Whisknladle in La Jolla, a pretty pricey restaurant during lunch and dinner hours, but during happy hour, 5 to 7 p.m., their tapas and drinks are not only affordable but delicious and of amazing quality for their price. Tapas run at just $3 per dish and sangria (the white is a personal favorite) for only $5 per glass or $20 per pitcher. Needless to say, this place is cute and comfortable and makes for the perfect study break (or I suppose now, CELEBRATION THAT WE ARE DONE WITH SCHOOL FOREVER!)

IMG_1521
True words


IMG_1534
White sangria


IMG_1535
Wikki Wikki and I


IMG_1536
These lamb meatballs almost made me throw vegetarianism out the window. Sio said they were fab!


IMG_1537
Garlic shrimp


IMG_1538
Crudo ahi tuna with grapefruit and avocado (YUM DOOD)


IMG_1539
Grilled asparagus


IMG_1540
Holy god, patatas bravas, definitely the best part. These little morsels were clearly coated and fried in copious amounts of butter and were exploding with flavor; potentially the best thing we ordered.

No comments: