Allie


Friday, September 23

happy birthday to me!

(Just to get it out of my system... "NO BODY LIKES YOU WHEN YOU'RE 23!" - good ole' Blink 182)

Anyways... although this year's birthday will not include Vegas...

 vegas

...Two Buck Chuck...

 bday2

...or Lauren Carpenter (whose birthday is the 22nd and we always celebrate together)...

bday1

I'm THRILLED to be celebrating in the country I've been dreaming about visiting for years! Though I have a MILLION things to say about the amazing trip I just went on, I'll cut to the chase and rewind later. I've learned a lot from my time here, between the life changing and truly incredible trip I just took to Kerala with the Whole Foods team and just by living here in this orphanage. But one of the most important lessons I've learned is that one person can make a difference. So often we get caught up in the "why bother?" or "what can I do? I'm only one person?" But one person is all it takes; I've witnessed it.

So to do my part in this, I'm asking that in honor of my birthday, instead of gifts, cards and birthday drinks when I'm back in the States, that you put your money HERE and help support this cause and the kids I've been with for almost four months now. No amount is too small (even the price of a card, $3, would be more nothing short of amazing) and you'll make my birthday special and help out a population of kids who are in dire need of your love and support and who deserve a chance.


 DSC_0031

Thank you all for the unending warm wishes, not just today on my birthday but throughout my entire time here, I couldn't have done it without you!

And I will see you all in just a little over a month back in the USA! Namaste!

No comments: