Allie


Monday, October 24

delhicious

The past three days I spent having the time of my life in Delhi with... MY DAD! Thankfully, even though my plans had changed, my dad was still able to come over and share in the Indian experience with me. Though I was sad he couldn't make it down south to see the orphanage, I'm thankful we got to spend some time together in Delhi.

After a semi-miserable overnight train ride (let's just say the employees were terribly offensive and bothersome the entire six hours), I arrived in Delhi at 5:30 a.m. I took the surprisingly clean and efficient metro and met up with Dad at our hotel. Though we were both tired, we didn't want to give up a precious day to napping, so we started out into the city. We saw the Red Fort...

 DSC_0003
...several markets and ultimately ended up at a cute cafe with two Kingfishers.

Growing more and more exhausted, we headed back to the hotel to relax.
The next day we ventured to the Lotus Temple, a pretty grand site, to say the least...
 DSC_0015

...did more shopping in Saket and ended our day with a huge Indian feast at our hotel's restaurant, Zune.

 DSC_0018

 DSC_0017
Cool door handle...


 DSC_0020
Appetizer...


 DSC_0021 
Garlic naan to die for


  DSC_0022
Dal, duh


Though the trip was a short one, it was really fun to spend some time with my dad, who I rarely get one on one time with. It was nice to be able to share our love for India and traveling together (I definitely know where I get my traveling skills from now).

Today (but in real time two days ago), I head back to the orphanage to pack up and say my goodbyes. Though I'm not looking forward the sob fest that it will be (MOSTLY I WILL MISS SANTHOSH SO MUCH), I'm eager to get to Madrid and ultimately home to my family and friends (...oh yeah, and the dreaded job search...EEK!)

No comments: