Allie


Friday, June 22

these are a few of my favorite things

Besides being totally obsessed with the Sound of Music [fun fact: I learned all of the songs on the piano and would watch the tape over and over and over and OVER again when I was little... and I liked to believe I would grow up to be Liesel; is that embarrassing?], a few things have caught my eye on the ole blog-o-sphere lately that I think are worthy of a repost.


The notion of "glamping" is definitely one of my newest favorite things. If you've been reading beauty & the feast for a while, you know I have no problem roughing it.

First and foremost, I love camping... real camping. In India, I lived without toilet paper and a real shower for five months. And here in San Diego, I'm known to sit on the floors of bars gently petting my friends' dogs bear hugging random bar-goers' dogs. [Yes people look at my funny but I can't help myself!]

It just doesn't phase me. But I do enjoy a little luxury every now and then. Recently, Sarah from Chevron & Stripes wrote about the glamping concept and it inspired me to conduct some research. Though I think I'll always prefer real camping, this is something I'd be highly interested in trying. I mean, how comfy does that fluffy tent look? Not to mention the moose sleeping bag [moose just happen to be my favorite animal].

1/2/3/4/5/6/7


This installation from Jung Lee via vmac & cheese is just so unique and romantic. I really enjoy the positioning of the neon lights in nature. Too cute!

photo courtesy of one and j.


This cool DIY project from honestlywtf. It's cheap, easy and looks pretty darn cute with any outfit. All you'll need is 18 hex nuts and twine. Simple right? It's on my list of things to make this weekend.

photo courtesy of oak nyc

{Welp, I'm inspired! I love you, blog world. Happy Friday!}

15 comments:

Sam | ashore said...

I love (love!) that installation by Jung Lee. There's something so magic about those simple words among the swamp muck.

The Egg said...

giiiirl you should come visit.
i saw two baby moose and their mama on my way to work this morn.
love glamping!

Amanda k. said...

Oh man, no toilet paper for 5 months!? I'm not sure I could hang. I like camping, but there are some luxuries I would have a hard time giving up..toilet paper is probably one of those things, haha.

Anonymous said...

glamping is where it's at.
i want to learn to comfortably pee in the woods, but until then...

Unknown said...

Sound of Music rules. I wanted to be Liesel as well :)

Kelsey Elizabeth said...

Glamping reminds me of the real housewives oc haha. I'm intrigued by the idea as I've only ever been real camping (no tp too!)
Have a wonderful weekend!
xo Kelsey

Allie said...

thank you kelsey! im heading over to your blog now its way too cute!

Allie said...

haha yes! im glad i wasnt the only one. ever since ive posted this ive had all of the songs stuck in my head.

Allie said...

i got so desperate that i would take TP from hotels when i wasnt in the village to bring back. interesting times for sureeee

Unknown said...

love sound of music too :) when i was little we got to go on the sound of music tour in austria and it was my favorite thing ever :)
just found your blog and i'm excited to be your newest follower!
love,
elisabeth
lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

Stefanie said...

Let me know how the bracelet turns out! I've made a couple of the DIY bracelets from Honestlywtf and I love them!

Katherine said...

that DIY bracelet is amazing, i've seen it before and i love it. and i wanna go camping if i get to do it with that gear!

<3 katherine
current giveaway :: http://www.ofcorgisandcocktails.com/2012/06/red-fossil-crossbody-bag-ad-space.html

Allie said...

it is SO not as easy as it looks hahaha took me forever!

Allie said...

it turned out great but LET ME TELL YOU i was frustrated! you have to keep it REALLY tight and i think the hexnuts i got were too big however! it came out well once i finally figured it out but definitely not as easy as it looks!! which ones have you tried?

Little Tranquility said...

Oh my gosh is that seriously a deer sleeping bag?? So cute!