Allie


Wednesday, September 5

when skies are grey

image courtesy of art life

Things in my life have been a little grey lately, which you may have gathered from my lack of blogging. The holiday weekend was anything but relaxing and every aspect of my life seems to be running at a million miles per hour. I'm hoping things will settle down soon. I don't have much to report in the life de Allie but I would like to thank my incredible friends for constantly going above and beyond and keeping me afloat. And, of course, to you all for your constant support and positive vibes... thank you all for being my sunshine!

Lately, I've been really inspired by several posts around the blogosphere: one // two // three

And I'll leave you with a great quote by Joss Whedon, which you may remember from this post

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief.  It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.”


15 comments:

jackie said...

oh, I hope things get better!

Amanda Schroeder said...

I can relate to you, darling. You have a way with words and you are an amazing writer. I think your blog is definitely on my top 3. Things WILL get better. And if you need anyone to cry or yell to..I'm your girl!

Amanda @ weandserendipity.blogspot.com

Alyssa said...

I hope things get better! For me, friends are my biggest support system when times get hard, so I'm so glad yours have been there.

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Ashley Eliza said...

SO glad I came across your blog. Allie!!!
You have beautifl writing.
Thanks for sharing that amazing quote.. and I hope things get better hon!

xoxo

Simply Evani said...

Sending you some blogger love! Hope the clouds part for some sunshine soon :)

Just to bring a smile to your face: http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blog/show?id=2100445%3ABlogPost%3A78278&commentId=2100445%3AComment%3A79376

Evani

Allie said...

AWW!!! youre the BEST evani! thank you!

Allie said...

thank you ashley! please share a link to your blog if you have one! otherwise, WELCOME! and thank you for your kind words and support!

Unknown said...

I've seen all three of those posts and wanted to pin all of them. So I went back and did so! Fantastic inspiration, I agree. Xoxox

Allie said...

wow amanda! totally made my day :) thank you so much!! things will ALWAYS get better!

Greta said...

Love that quote! Its good to remember all the positive aspects of pursuing our passions, even when they are kicking our butts!

Allie said...

I hope everything starts looking up!! (As I'm sure it will.) Watch one of your favorite movies or head to a bookstore, grab a cup of coffee or tea, and just be. Those are some of my instant life lifters. (Because sometimes its not just your mood, it's your whole darn life isn't so great.)

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you've been going through a grey time in your life. I hope things get better very soon. "You are my sunshine..." is my all time favorite nursery rhyme.

xoxo,
Shannon

Amanda Holland said...

I am SO SO happy your luck has turned :) love you

BA said...

I hope you're feeling better and everything is starting to go right for you, that quote is lovely and I hope that you draw inspiration with it. I look forward to you blogging more and feeling better :) xxx

Britney said...

this song reminds me of my childhood :)