Allie


Wednesday, March 23

la la la la la la bamba!

As I mentioned earlier, I hadn't updated in a while because I was on my very LAST spring break trip ever (til grad school that is...), a cruise to Mexico with my best friend AJ. We tried to rally our group of friends, but AJ and I were the only ones dedicated to an insane, going-out-with-a-bang vacation. It was AJ's first cruise, but I'm embarrassed to say it was my 10th. Although the food was only decent (and I'm a little bit of a food snob if you couldn't tell), the best part of the cruise, I think, was meeting people. We met people from all over and even with some we discovered mutual friends. Meeting people when everyone's on vacation, just relaxing and not stressing about anything, is the best because everyone's always in a happy mood. How could you not have the time if your life? But wonderful people aside, the other highlight was one of our ports, Puerto Vallarta.

Of course when my dad, Juan the Cruise Director as I like to call him, found out Puerto Vallarta was a stop (PV as he likes to call it), he gave us a list of places we had to check out there, his old stomping grounds. We only had time to eat at one restaurant, but Juan definitely did not let us down. La Palapa, located literally on the beach (tables in the sand!) served up some of the best and freshest seafood we had ever had. Leave it to AJ and I to treat ourselves to a $100 dinner for no special reason. There's not much I wouldn't do for good food.

Feast your eyes on... the appetizers...
 IMG_1146 
Fresh Goat Cheese and Beet Salad

 IMG_1147 
Tortilla and Shrimp Soup


Then the sun started to set so I had to capture that...
 IMG_1149

And finally came... the main events... 
IMG_1151
Scallops with Saffron Polenta


 IMG_1152
Red Snapper with Herbed Risotto and Plantains


Needless to say, it was a pretty picturesque and perfect dinner (although maybe more appropriate for an actual couple, but I'm not above it) and a pretty awesome cruise in general, I definitely did not want it to end.

No comments: