Allie


Thursday, July 12

balance part two

photo courtesy of picship

[click here for balance part one]
I usually like to keep it light but sometimes I just need to write about what's on my mind. So what's on my mind? I have an itch. An itch to get out and live, explore, frolic and laugh. Maybe Probably travel. Lately, I've felt as though I've been so immersed in this fantastic blog world that I have abandoned a lot of my usual activities. I haven't been spending as much time outside as I used to, I haven't read a book in I don't even know how long and I haven't gone for a run in months. Though I'm grateful and excited about my fairly newfound passion for all things blog related [writing mine, reading yours etc.], I think I need some balance. I've written about it before but clearly it's something I'm still struggling with.

Recently, one of my favorite bloggers and fellow USD alumnae, Laura, wrote about mindfulness and that's what inspired this post. It got me thinking how much time I spend online, on my phone and in the blog world. Some of this time spent online is productive and you know what I mean; it is so exciting to get an email informing me that one of you guys commented on a post... it really and truly makes my day. But being online and on my phone almost constantly? Probably unnecessary.

I think the great thing about blogging is that you can go outside, live life, photograph it... and then come home, cuddle up on the couch and write about it. It's all definitely a balancing act and I still have not figured it out. 

{How do you balance your life?}

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally relate to you on this Allie! I've been feeling like I've been neglecting the "real world" in exchange for the wonderful relationships I've built in blogging. I too need to learn to find a balance, I haven't opened my Kindle in months! :( I've been thinking about getting much more organized and writing blog entries DAYS in advance on the weekend so I can give myself some downtime but planning ahead for blogging is hard for me! Let me know how it goes for you :)

Evani

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, reading blogs has brought so many wonderful things into my world (and my belly!) and it is so much more fulfilling to me now in comparison to scrolling the FB. But I do definitely feel the sense of disconnect with real life at times. Would love to give a really insightful suggestion right now on how to find that balance...yeah. :)

Allie said...

glad we're on the same page!

Anonymous said...

:) Thanks for the sweet mention!

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

It's definitely a balancing act, but I feel like as long as you remember to live life first and document later, it works out. :)

Celeste said...

Since I'm new to the blogging thing, I definitely struggle with finding that balance. I have to make a point to disconnect every once in awhile so I don't lose sight of the things that really, truly matter...although I do love the blog world oh-so-much!

Unknown said...

completely understand. Finding balance is so difficult but so necessary. In all honesty, I think that blogging has helped me to try to find a greater balance in my life... it pushes me to try and fit new things into my pretty busy schedule

Danielle said...

umm love this! Found your blog and CANNOT wait to read more! xx
Danielle

lovelifeandlouboutins.blogspot.com

Anna said...

i definitely know how you feel! I've been struggling with this lately too... fighting between being a good blogger and actually living my life. Let me know if you find a good middle ground haha! by the way, love your blog :)

sandryca said...

Hey Alexandra...i cant belive it u have almost the same name as me :)))
My name is Aleksandra Ĺ efran, and ur Alexandra Safran. :))) Thats bigggg lol :D