Allie


Thursday, July 5

tomato-basil spaghetti squash

With the help of my healthy friend Johanna, I created this new low-cal recipe... since the amount of weight I've gained from covering all of these feastly feasts is really not even funny, but I'll pretend it is to make myself feel better. Anyways, for being so healthy, it was actually really satisfying and flavorful. I've come to realize that although not a friend to whomever you're kissing, garlic is definitely your friend when it comes to cooking. It easily spices up any dish without adding the extra calories.

Plus, this dish was super easy to cook. I'd say the hardest part was cutting the squash in half. It took two knives, 30 minutes and all of my strength. Quite the task but well worth it.

Ingredients:
spaghetti squash // fresh basil // trader joe's everyday seasoning // 
cherry tomatoes // parmesan cheese // olive oil // garlic


First, cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and place face down in a glass pan. Fill pan with water so that it covers about 1/2 an inch of the squash. Cook on 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Once cooked, flip over so the "cut side" is face up and cook for 15 more minutes.


While you're waiting for the squash to cook, in a bowl mix olive oil, chopped basil, tomatoes and about four cloves of crushed garlic in a bowl. Mix until everything is coated in olive oil and set aside to allow the flavors to meld.


When the squash is finished, remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Once cool, scoop out the seeds and throw away. Then with a fork, take the squash out from its shell and put in a large bowl. Toss with tomato-basil mixture, top with parmesan cheese and serve. 



finished product! 

&& in other news... 

me and my amiga from college, rachel

{How was your Fourth?}

11 comments:

Tori Baldridge said...

Yummmmmy! Can't wait to try this :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the scarf on Rachel, so cute! And I've never tried Spaghetti squash, that might be something I'll have to give a shot!!

Evani

Robyn said...

looks fab! I seriously need to lose a bit of weight this summer...

Sammantha said...

Just found your blog - This looks so delicious, and you both look stunning! Love it, hope you had a great fourth!

stop by and say hi sometime!
www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Allie said...

just followed! cant wait to explore more of your blog:)!

Allie said...

you definitely should!!! it's seriously so delicious!

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

yummy!

Rachael {all things beautiful} said...

Yum, yum, yum! I am definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing. Happy Friday!

Allie said...

yay! let me know how it comes out!

Sophie & Kerry said...

Mmmm that looks so good! I'll definitely have to try that out! X

Unknown said...

Oh MYYY that loos so good! Basil's my favorite!!

My Billie