Allie


Monday, July 30

foodie pen pals: july reveal!

So being the giant food geek that I am, I joined Lindsay's Foodie Pen Pals program! Here's how it works: Lindsay randomly pairs you with another foodie, blogger or reader, and a different blogger/reader is assigned to you. You're in charge of putting together a care package of sorts, under $15, of your favorite treats specific to your city. Since I live in San Diego, I gave my foodie pen pal some local salsa, corn tortillas and some coffee from my favorite local shop and Megan, my foodie pen pal went all out. She knew how important my time in India was so she incorporated some Indian goods as well as some local products from her hometown, Detroit and even some homemade jam. Nom! Needless to say, I'd say this Foodie Pen Pals program was quite the success.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great idea!!

Kate Fitchett said...

What a fun idea! I just signed up :) And thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!

Vicky said...

Wow! Homemade jam! Yum :)

Lindsay said...

homemade jam is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful of her! It's my first month joining the program also! Glad to "meet" you! Homemade jam sounds fantastic!

The Adventurer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

I can't wait to learn to can/preserve so I can make my own homemade jam.

Love your site by the way!