Allie


Wednesday, February 20

pad thai

You guys, I've become a little bit addicted... to sriracha. It's just so tasty and adds a kick to any dish... I seriously can't stop using it (as I write this with a mouth full of sriracha'ed pad Thai... crying a little bit because I used too much). Ever since my cooking class in Thailand, I've been dying to make some of the dishes... mainly, the pad thai. Finally, I bit the bullet and bought all of the ingredients to recreate this memorable feast. 


Ingredients
Rice noodles (pre-soak in hot water until soft and cooked), chicken breast (optional), vegetable oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon red curry paste, two eggs, garlic, 1 tablespoon tamarind paste, bean sprouts, green onion, soy sauce, chopped peanuts, sriracha, cilantro

First, soften noodles in a bowl of hot water until soft. Then heat oil over low heat and add diced garlic, mushrooms, bean sprouts and chicken. Once chicken is cooked, cut into bite size pieces and crack the eggs right into the pan, stirring rapidly until they become scrambled. Add cooked rice noodles, soy sauce to taste, a pinch of brown sugar, half a teaspoon of red curry paste and one tablespoon tamarind paste to the cooked ingredients. Add green onions and more soy sauce if necessary. Top with chopped peanuts, cilantro and the appropriate amount of sriarcha and serve. 

{Especially delicious with this avocado cilantro salad. Nom. Nom. Nom.}

7 comments:

Applewood Road said...

Shouldn't have read this hungry, but I am definitely going to try this :)

Unknown said...

1. Sriracha goes on FLIPPING EVERYTHING I eat. Eggs, ramen, veggies, toast even. It's a problem.

2. Pad Thai is my favorite dish. I can't wait to try and make it. Is it hard?

Z said...

Sriracha is the BEST. My friend and I use it on our dorm food all the time...usually cause it needs its, but occasionally just for taste, hah! Anyway, another awesome recipe is sriracha popcorn! Look it up!!!

Ladies Holiday said...

I love how simple this is...my husband loves sriracha and my kids love pad thai- sounds like a win win for me because i love both ;)

Cheers!

Jillian said...

LOVE pad thai! For some reason, I never hought to make it myself. This looks and sounds amazing. Love that you topped it with cilantro. Cilantro lover here!

Rachel M said...

1. just stumbled upon this and I'm OBSESSED
2. that pad thai looks delicious
3. your blog is deadly to my diet!!!

xo,
Rach
www.urbanboredom.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My roommate loves sriracha sauce too - she mixes it with mayo to make spicy mayo, which is pretty much the perfect dip for sweet potato fries!