Allie


Sunday, February 26

our own backyard part one

After obsessing over traveling abroad and - thanks to my super cool job - excessively researching and hypothetically planning my next international adventure, I was finally able to write about a great country I strangely don't think about very often: the U.S.A. I think we sometimes forget just how special and important our own country is, and I know for people like me, planning a vacation or trip almost always entails fleeing the U.S.A. and going elsewhere. While it's enriching and exciting to visit cities abroad, I think sometimes we forget about the incredible places we have in our own backyard. Now I've seen the major cities, I've done the touristy things but sometimes the best trips aren't to the biggest and most talked about but rather to small-town cities or attractions that have big things to offer. Currently, I'm compiling my own list {suggestions and tips are more than welcomed} of...

'must-see' places in the united states
the grand canyon, arizona
joshua tree national park, california
charleston, south carolina
savannah, georgia
yellowstone national park
zion national park, utah
new orleans, louisiana
blue ridge mountains
encinitas, california
[yes its super close and yes i've been for a hot second but i'm dying to explore]
vail, colorado
boulder, colorado

So in honor of 2012, the year of the Allie, I'm trying to check off as many of my 'must-sees' as possible. Who wants to help... I'm all about road trips.

5 comments:

Sogoal said...

THE GRAND CANYON IS THE MOST BREATHTAKING THING I'VE SEEN ON OUR DEAR MOTHERLAND. YOU MUST MUST MUST GO. Or else.

Amanda Holland said...

I grew up right next to the Blue Ridge Mountains... let's go! :)

Siobhan McCarthy said...

u forgot rochester...and let's do NOLA together please!

Allison said...

Would you call me biased if I suggested St Louis?

Yellowstone was very cool. What about Yosemite? Or San Luis Obispo? How about Kansas City?

Hillary Kassis said...

do grand canyon and zion in the same trip, but see the grand canyon first because zion is much more breathe taking!