Allie


Tuesday, January 15

DIY: life is but a dream (catcher)

Growing up, I always had a dreamcatcher on my bed post to ensure that my dreams stayed light and happy. Somewhere between my family moving in high school and going off to college, though, my childhood dreamcatcher got lost. It wasn't until I saw this tutorial that I considered making one myself. All in all it was an inexpensive and easy craft... plus I channeled Free People when I was shopping for my supplies. 


Take your hoop and wrap the yarn of your choice tightly around it until it's completely covered. Then, take your doily and tie to all ends of the doily to the hoop. Use beads, feathers, lace and any other trinkets and tie them to pieces of leather and hang them from the hoop. Tie it to your bed and prepare for the sweetest dreams.


Speaking of DIYs, I'll definitely be making these awesome gloves by Katherine over at Of Corgis & Cocktails. How cute are they? I especially love the pair with the heart. They look like something out of a Madewell catalog; so adorable and unique!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I used to be obsessed with dreamcatchers when I was younger and I still think they are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

So boho!!! I love it ;)

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

I love this! I have seen a few other tutorials for dream catchers lately now I feel like I need to make my own.
Carlee
Almost Endearing

Mills said...

So cute! I'm also a fan of FreePeople. Their stuff is awesome.

Kristina said...

I used to have a dream catcher over my childhood bed too. I wonder where it's gotten to...

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

Alli said...

This is such a beautiful DIY, I love that you're using so many different materials and textures.

Cheers.