Allie


Friday, January 4

steak salad to die for

As if I didn't already know, last night it was confirmed. You guys. It's really amazing what a good piece of a meat and fancy balsamic vinegar can do for a salad. I may or may not have cried tears of joy. Here's what you'll need:


Marinate a good piece of meat in lemon, salt and pepper, soy sauce and garlic for a few hours in the fridge. In a large bowl, add a heaping helping of fresh spinach, bleu cheese, apple and pecans (toasted). Grill steak until cooked to your liking and top salad with warm steak.

For the dressing: Combine two parts olive oil with one part Lucero balsamic vinegar (I can't stress enough how much this stuff makes a difference. It's worth every dollar.) Add a teaspoon of dijon mustard, a couple crumbles of bleu cheese, salt and pepper and mix. Toss and enjoy!


9 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh man, that looks phenomenal! I love mixing apples and bleu cheese into my salads :)

jackiek said...

looks amazing and i don't even like steak!

Unknown said...

this looks so good it almost makes me want to eat steak again!

Unknown said...

Wow, that looks yummy! I'm not a big fan of blue cheese but everything else looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing. :)

xo, Adriana @ Horses of Ares.

Unknown said...

Mmm.. the apple sounds like a wonderful touch. You're making my tummy grumble!
http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

That looks and sounds delicious! :)

Michelle said...

that looks insanely delicious!

Kate Fitchett said...

I love me some blue cheese! It is amazing when paired with a nice steak! Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Mmm! That looks really good!